Our mission is to build a happy and fulfilled team where everyone reaches their full potential and highest personal as well as company growth. We are searching for an experienced leader to manage our Japanese business out of Tokyo and drive the commercial performance of all major destinations in the region. As Regional Manager Japan, you will act as an entrepreneur and be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions and activity partners in the region, building strong business relationships, and creating strategic supply advantages for GetYourGuide. You will spearhead the regional commercial performance, rapidly launch new destinations, and lead a team to achieve your objectives. This position reports to our Regional Director.
What you will be responsible for:
- Drive the commercial growth of the region by building new relationships and improving existing connections with key attractions and activity partners
- Develop and roll-out market-specific in-destination partnership opportunities
- Launch new cities and destinations against an ambitious launch timeline
- Exceed sales and revenue targets by effectively managing quarterly sales goals
- Establish and maintain key client relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s supplier base and market share, by adjusting and evolving programs over time to meet these goals
- Ensure accurate sales reporting, metric analysis, sales recognition, and other ad-hoc sales operations support activities
- Recruit, manage, and develop a highly driven team of sales and account managers
- Build and nurture a positive team culture, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture
- Implement compensation, training, and sales incentive programs together with VP Global Sales & Supply
- Lead by example; set clear expectations and provide role clarity to develop your team by holding people accountable, reviewing progress, and providing constant feedback and guidance
We are looking for you if:
- 5+ years experience in sales or account management, including 2+ years in a management roles
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, tangible results, and KPI improvements within the region
- Deep understanding of Japanese business culture and have concrete experience in Japanese business practice
- Strong willingness to win despite all challenges, thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of recruiting and developing A-players
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build relationships
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and accurate
- Permanent resident of Japan
- Business level of English
- Travel industry experience & Personal network in tourism is a plus
Why work with us?
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth drivers with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 50 nationalities
We value learning quickly, succeeding and failing as we go. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us for weekly all-hands meetings and monthly business updates; take part in regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and attend relevant conferences!
Also check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes. Check out our APAC posts, part 1 focusing on Sydney and Dubai and part 2 looking at the Bangkok and Hong Kong office.
Do you have the skills to do the job, enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Yes? Great, we already look forward to hearing from you! Please include your resume and cover letter. If you have any further questions, please contact us via email@example.com.