We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead people, guide technical decisions and help develop the next growth channels in our marketplace. You will assume line management of existing frontend and backend engineers, have the budget to hire more engineers and work with cross-functional missions teams composed of top not-notch designers, developers, analysts and product managers. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business and our customers around the globe.
Growth Team Mission:
We aim to reach every tourist, efficiently in the right moment with the right message and experience to provide them value and ultimately make them convert. To do this we are looking to build out innovative features on our marketplace to best serve our customers now and in the future. We have touch points across the business which brings a diverse set of opportunities and projects to execute against.
- Guide product decisions through strategic input and technical execution
- Hire the remainder of your team and assist others in recruiting top-talent
- Participate in code reviews and get hands-on when needed to solve challenges
- Develop and grow your direct reports helping them to achieve their potential
- Manage stakeholders from product, design and data analytics
- Champion agile and lean approaches for your teams to drive customer value
- Be part of the engineering leadership team shaping the culture at the company
- 2+ years of direct people management in technical teams
- 5+ years of software development experience ideally full-stack experience
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Proficient in one backend and/or frontend technology and best practices (check out our Tech Radar for more information)
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in startup environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.