Meet hard engineering problems with our Catalog team. Ensuring quality at scale, building new services, automating processes, and deriving structure through text analysis are some of the daily tasks we tackle. We are motivated by finding solutions to difficult challenges. Lucky for you, we have just opened a new Backend Engineering position! Join the team and be part of one of the most successful ETH spin-offs.
Our mission is to create a scalable, accurate, and inspirational catalog for our products so that we can provide a better informational content for our customers, enhanced recommendations, and much more. Our journey has just started and the sky’s the limit!
- Build and maintain a system that allows us to create an accurate, descriptive and thorough catalog of activities
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can scale
- Help migrating our system into a service oriented architecture
- Minimum of 4+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in one backend technology, its best practices, and its libraries (currently, we are using PHP, but be open for other languages - check our Tech Radar)
- Experience with architecture, system design and deployment of systems
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Good understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive and proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- An English-speaking office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget for continued learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit for our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what’s happening behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the technology stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!