Our Engineering department is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who cares to deliver best in-class experiences for online partners and customer audiences. You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, designers, analysts and product managers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
Catalog team has a mission to create a scalable, accurate, and inspirational catalog for our products so that we can provide a better informational content for our customers, enhanced recommendations.
Partnerships engineering team supports the Business Development Team and maximizes revenue for GYG and our Partners.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in backend PHP coding + other backend language
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex systems
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- An English-speaking office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget for continued learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.