As a Principal Data Scientist you will bring your unique expertise to GetYourGuide and take ownership of the most complex problems we have. As the most senior contributor, you will play a key role in setting up the foundations for our next chapter of growth!
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
- Conduct analytics deep-dive on large data sets to extract actionable insights in areas such as acquisition, conversion and loyalty
- Work closely with executives and top management in strategic growth initiatives
- Take ownership of growth modelling and build advanced predictive models to understand the impact of specific growth initiatives.
- Work closely with our cross-functional mission teams to identify new opportunities and find root causes for trends observed in our data.
- Work closely with our data engineers to make sure our platform can support current and future use-cases.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting and mentoring.
- Analytics You are able to transform data into wisdom. Your strong statistical background enables you to solve very complex problems and you have experience performing analysis on large datasets.
- Business Experience You have a strong business sense and a track record in applying it to impact a large organization.
- Education Background You have an advanced degree (PhD preferred) in computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Software Engineering You are proficient in R, Python or Scala and have experience with analytics tools such as Spark, Hadoop or Pandas. SQL is natural to you.
- Mentoring You are capable of mentoring more junior contributors and have a breadth of knowledge to help them succeed.
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we're using to change the way the world travels.