GetYourGuide.com offers the world’s largest selection of activities: guided tours, cooking classes, sightseeing bus trips, canal cruises, and more! With activities around the world, from Paris to San Francisco and Cusco to Hong Kong, we make it simple for you to find and book an activity that will make your day – or your trip. The hardest part? Figuring out where to start!
We are searching for an experienced leader to manage our Italian business out of Rome and drive the commercial performance of all major destinations in the region. As Area Manager Italy, you will be act as a entrepreneur and be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions and activity partners in the region, building strong business relationships, and creating strategic supply advantages for GetYourGuide. You will spearhead the regional commercial performance, rapidly launch new destinations, and lead a team to achieve your objectives.
- Drive the commercial growth of the region by building new relationships and improving existing connections with key attractions and activity partners
- Launch new cities and destinations against an ambitious launch timeline
- Exceed sales and revenue targets by effectively managing quarterly sales goals
- Establish and maintain key client relationships and implement strategies for expanding the company’s supplier base and market share, by adjusting and evolving programs over time to meet these goals
- Ensure accurate sales reporting, metric analysis, sales recognition, and other ad-hoc sales operations support activities
- Recruit, manage, and develop a highly driven team of sales and account managers.
- Implement compensation, training, and sales incentive programs together with Regional Director
- Lead by example; set clear expectations and provide role clarity to develop your team by holding people accountable, reviewing progress, and providing constant feedback and guidance
- Build and nurture a positive team culture, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture
- Develop and roll-out market-specific in-destination partnership opportunities
- 5+ years experience in sales or account management, including leadership roles
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, tangible results, and KPI improvements within the region
- Strong willingness to win despite all challenges
- Proven track record of recruiting and developing A-players
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and accurate
- Strong win-win mentality and ability to build relationships
- Deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics
- Thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Creative instinct
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Travel industry experience is a plus
- Personal network in tourism is a plus
Why work with us
- Full ownership and responsibility from day one
- Be an integral part of the company’s scaling and growth
- Work with a young and dynamic team from all different cultures and experience levels where you are constantly learning and growing
- We reward hard work and celebrate success
- Be a part of an exciting industry working with one of its technology leaders
- Lunch Vouchers & GetYourGuide Vouchers
- The office is located in the heart of lively Rome (between the Underground Termini and Repubblica)
Ready to revolutionize the Italian travel industry? Please send us your Resume + Cover Letter in English via our career page. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Meet our team and get to know more about their daily work on our blog. Check out “Meet The Team - Rome”
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org!