GetYourGuide is on a mission to transform ordinary trips into incredible experiences. Our diverse team is changing the way people connect to the places they visit, so anyone can create their dream vacation.
There is a huge opportunity to grow within the team and the wider business, as you’ll be one of the founding members of the User Research team. You’ll work directly with product design and management and help them make a great impact in travelers’ lives.
- Carry out evaluative research to optimise the experience of new and existing features and/or products.
- Perform generative research to answer high-level questions about user behaviour.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, content strategists, analysts, and engineers to identify research opportunities and determine the appropriate research method.
- Coach, and support your colleagues. Train and empower designers and Product Managers on evaluative research methods on a variety of devices, including mobile and desktop.
- Communicate insights that inform business and product decisions. Follow up to make sure insights are acted on. Spread insights out beyond the core stakeholders to fuel innovation.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a similar position, working in-house in a product company or agency. Ideally in e-commerce or travel.
- B.A/B.S or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar.
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of mixed methods with an emphasis on qualitative (lab-based and remote usability testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, interviews, and field research) and quantitative research (surveys, analytics, event tracking).
- Able to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment (lean & results-driven). Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects is a plus.
- You communicate fluently in English and - ideally - at least one other European language. International research experience is a plus.
- You have examples demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, metrics, reports).
Reasons to join us:
- Open work environment where every voice is heard
- International team from all corners of the globe
- Room to develop professionally
- Regular learning events via GYG Learning Academy and team outings
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.