Our Sales team is growing internationally. Following our great success in Europe we are now looking to build up a Sales organization in North America. We are looking for an experienced and strategic sales professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to take on the challenge of managing our largest destination, New York City. You’ll be responsible for taking our NYC revenue growth to the next level. You’ll be working closely with top level decision makers at many of the world’s most renowned attractions to grow our business and delight our customers.
Are you an enthusiastic sales person with a great passion for our product who is ready for a new challenge? Are you interested in supporting our continued growth in the US market? Then join us!
Our Sales People are customer advocates, always scouting and onboarding the best activities to turn our customers’ trips into truly amazing experiences. The team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers. Our primary task is driving the acquisition of new attractions and things to do in a destination.
What will you be doing?
- You will make data driven decisions to grow your destination using metrics including, but not limited to; revenue growth, product inventory, and customer satisfaction
- You will generate and leverage powerful relationships with key decision makers in New York City tourism
- You will manage the entire sales funnel from start to finish; generating leads, strategically acquiring and onboarding new products, negotiating terms of business with mid to senior level decision makers and ensure top notch account management for key accounts
- You will feel comfortable pitching in the C-suite, delivering commercial proposals for executive level decision makers
- You will learn and innovate daily to find solutions and remove blockers to overcome challenging objections
- You will be the company point person for knowledge about your destination and market landscape, staying on top of all internal performance metrics, and being the expert on latest tourism trends and local competition.
- You will have a constant presence in the field, stepping into the shoes of our customers and discovering their pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will delight our customers
- You will be the face of GetYourGuide in the New York market exuding our company’s passion, energy and spirit regularly attending industry networking and social events out of traditional office hours.
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience ideally with a background in the tourism and/or e-commerce industry
- You have experience working in large markets with proven negotiation skills and a successful track record of closing large deals with mid-senior level and executive management
- You thrive on challenges and not afraid of taking risks. Feels aligned with the phrase “fail fast, learn fast”
- You demonstrate a natural ability to build rapport, establishing and leveraging meaningful relationships with business partners
- You work well in a fast paced, startup environment with ambitious targets and deadlines
- You are an effective and persuasive communicator with proven ability to deliver successful proposals and business cases to drive your agenda forward
Why work with us
- Full ownership and responsibility from day one
- Have a voice: Be an integral part of the company’s growth and global culture
- Work in an international team where you are constantly learning and growing
- Enter a fun, exciting industry and work with one of its technology leaders
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 20 days of paid vacation + Federal Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment)
- Virtual Share program
This is a regular full-time position based in New York City reporting to Area Manager - USA East, Mexico and Caribbean.
Ready to help us chart some new territory? Please send us your application via our career page. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Meet our Sales Team and discover the different adventures they undertake to improve customers’ experiences!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org!