Our international Sales team has offices in all corners of the globe, and we are growing fast. We are expanding our San Francisco office and looking for talent to develop new markets for GetYourGuide.
Sales team mission:
We are traveler advocates, always scouting and onboarding the best activities to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality. This team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers.
- You will be responsible for your destinations' growth in revenue and product inventory
- You will be responsible for the entire sales funnel: market research, partner acquisition, and onboarding, negotiations with key attractions and tours, closing agreements to reach ambitious sales goals
- You will act as an account manager and develop our existing partnerships
- You will be the contact person for your destinations' market landscape - including tourism market trends and competition
- You will have an ongoing presence in the market; experiencing our products to discover customer pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers
- You have 2+ years of experience in tourism & activities
- You ideally have around 2 years of experience in B2B sales/e-commerce area
- You have personal or professional experience in the region you’re applying for
- You are not intimidated by data analysis and you have working proficiency in G-Suite, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- You possess great business acumen and the experience to make data-driven decisions for your destination
- You enjoy overcoming obstacles, identifying creative solutions, and you are a natural problem-solver
- Networking and building rapport with local partners in your region is something you enjoy
- You are willing to travel approximately 1 week per quarter in-market and attend bi-annual training trips to Berlin of 1-2 week duration
- You will grow with a large degree of freedom, you will be able to set your own goals and how to achieve them by having full ownership and responsibility from day one
- You will live the life of our customers by experiencing and improving our products
- You will be able to directly impact the company’s growth
- You will work in an international team (50+ nationalities) with varied experience levels where you are constantly learning and growing
- You will enter a fun, exciting industry and work with one of its technology leaders
- You will own your development: participate in GYG Academy, a training curriculum designed to promote professional and personal growth
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth and success through our Virtual Share Program
- You will learn and have a fun with our Events such as Summer Summits, regular team events, Christmas & Summer Party
- 20 days of paid vacation + Federal Holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan (after 6 months employment)
What you should know:
- This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, and you will be reporting to the Regional Manager of USA West.
- We are located in the Mission district of San Francisco, one block from 16th/Mission BART. Please thoughtfully consider your commute before applying, as this is not a remote position. Bay Area super-commuting is discouraged for this role.
- Please note that GetYourGuide is not able to provide work permit sponsorship for this position. You need to be eligible to work in the USA before we are able to consider your application.
- Please include (either on your resume or cover letter) what experience you have in the region you’re applying for and why you feel this is helpful for its development. Please also include your salary expectation. This is a non-commissioned position.
- The start date for this position is January 15, 2019.
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.