We are looking for a solution-oriented Accountant Germany with a passion for learning to join our growing Accounting-Team at GetYourGuide.
Our mission is to maintain high-quality and compliant accounting for the German entities of GetYourGuide. We aim to accurately account and report financial information in a timely manner in accordance with corporate policies and HGB (German GAAP) to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform general ledger transactions, including prepayments, accruals, provisions, etc. applying HGB techniques and standards for the main company of GetYourGuide Group
- Act as an expert in the field of fixed assets and review the work of an Accountant for MEC
- Independently book and reconcile payroll data, provided by the external payroll provider
- Reconcile general ledger and subledger accounts, used for automated inventory transactions, coming from a custom-made interface with the help of a Senior Accountant
- Be in charge of intercompany calculations and monthly billing
- Support Senior Accountant in period-end routines while also performing some transactions independently
- Support Senior Accountant in periodic VAT and EC-Sales declarations
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist auditors with journal entry examinations
- Actively participate in upcoming projects and ad-hoc tasks
- You are able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization in English. German would be a plus.
- You have 2+ years experience in accounting, working fully or partially with the above-mentioned topics
- You have relevant education and/or accounting qualification. ACCA or equivalent preferred
- You have Experience with Unit4(Agresso) accounting software is a plus
- You are hands-on, solution-oriented, and a self-starter
- You build effective work relationships to accomplish common team goals and value the input and know-how of other team members.
- You show high attention to detail in your daily work
- You function effectively under critical and tight deadlines, demonstrating your strong organizational skills
- Competitive package & virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- Private Pension Scheme
- Several fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club
- GYG Academy, a training curriculum designed to promote professional and personal growth
- Free breakfast and fun Fridays with Pizza and Beer
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- Events such as Summer Summits, regular team events, Christmas & Summer Party
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.