We are looking for 3 Engineering Managers for our different mission teams to lead people, guide technical decisions and help develop our marketplace and related customer channels. You will assume line management of existing frontend and backend engineers, have the budget and opportunity to hire more while working with cross functional mission teams composed of top notch designers, analysis and product managers. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business and our customers around the globe.
Traveler Site Team Mission
Ensure an incredible experience across all customer touch points relying heavily on data. The team is responsible for creating new features and experiments on a daily basis. They also improve the current technology stack, providing an architecture that’s easy to evolve and enjoyable to work with.
The challenge is to balance the building of new features and the scalability of the platform being leveraged by other teams.
Fulfilment Team Mission
Ensuring an incredible experience across all customer touch points. The team is responsible for all communication channels between GYG and the customer. This includes tools for customer service, but also transactional emails and information available in portals and apps for customers.
The challenge is to eliminate unnecessary touch points but to also leverage communication with the customer to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
CRM & Referral Team Mission
Engage our visitor and loyal customer base with relevant messages and notifications. React to site behaviour and other segmentation patterns in real time, inspire existing customers, reduce churn and help them spread the word to their friends and family. We are building a team focused on managing all engagement focussed communication with our audience.
The challenge is to build a integrated messaging and customer segmentation platform that allows for up to real time reaction on behavioural patterns. You and your team will be responsible for the technical delivery and integrations across our platform with the goal to inspire and engage our audience with messaging.
Engineering Managers have many responsibilities and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLAs
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- 2+ years of direct people management in technical teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Proficient in one backend and/or frontend technology and best practices (check out our Tech Radar for more information)
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in startup environments
- Experience with various technologies
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Weekly tech talks
- Annual training budget for conferences and events
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.