We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Catalog AND an Engineering Manager for our Partnerships team to lead people, guide technical decisions and help develop our marketplace and related customer channels. You will assume line management of existing frontend and backend engineers, have the budget and opportunity to hire more while working with cross functional mission teams composed of top notch designers, analysis and product managers. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business and our customers around the globe.
Catalog Team Mission:
Elevate the richness and quality of the information we provide to our travellers and suppliers.
This team owns the catalog infrastructure and the tools used by the Suppliers to edit and populate all the catalog metadata.
The challenge here is to have enough structured informations to be able to distinguish one activity from the other or to be able to group all equal activities to curate the chaos for the travellers. This data also influences other teams and has an impact across the business.
Partnerships Team Mission:
Deliver best in-class tools and experiences for our online partners in the travel and tourism industry. This team creates awesome travel products by combining the services of selected partners, such as airlines and hotels, with GetYourGuide’s marketplace of tours and activities.
The challenge here is to build an engaging online partner portal, helping travel bloggers sign-up, integrate and send traffic to monetise their web audience with our vast inventory. You will also be working externally with leading brands to build custom integrations into their products.
Engineering Managers have many responsibilities and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLAs
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- 2+ years of direct people management in technical teams
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Proficient in one backend and/or frontend technology and best practices (check out our Tech Radar for more information)
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in startup environments
- Experience with various technologies
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Weekly tech talks
- Annual training budget for conferences and events
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.