We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic salesperson who is ready to spur our growth in Thailand. Up for the challenge? Read on.
Following our great success in Europe, we are now looking to build a Sales team in Thailand. With our small but mighty team already on the ground in Bangkok, we are looking for a Destination Manager to help expand our presence in Malaysia and Vietnam.
We are on a mission to give travelers in Asia access to the most incredible experiences our region has to offer. Partnering with attractions, tours, and activity providers, we leverage our strong relationships and industry expertise to get the best conditions and top products so all our customers love where they’re going.
As a Destination Manager, you will have complete ownership of your destinations and their performance from the very beginning.
- Manage the entire sales funnel from start to finish, which includes:
- Generating leads and acquiring partners, negotiating with key attractions and tours in the region
- Getting the best conditions for these products in terms of mobile bookings, commission, availability, price, and last-minute bookings among other things
- Closing the deal, communicating post-deal, and onboarding partners
- Use metrics such as revenue growth, product inventory, product quality, and customer satisfaction to evaluate performance.
- Be the point person for knowledge about your market landscape by staying on top of the latest tourism trends and competition.
- Maintain a constant presence in the field, stepping into the shoes of our customers and discovering their pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers. Establish good contact with tourism boards and other important players in the travel industry and be constantly present at trade fairs etc.
- Sales passionate: You have a strong passion for sales and a minimum of 1-2 years experience (experience in the following industries are a big plus: travel / e-commerce or tourism / online industry), and can demonstrate that you are a natural salesperson through your relationship-building and negotiation skills. In addition to a passion for sales, you also have a passion for the travel and tourism industry and want to help us change the tourism landscape in Vietnam and Malaysia.
- Tenacity: You see challenges as opportunities and have an inner drive to succeed. You enjoy overcoming objections and closing deals with challenging clients. You are dedicated to following-through and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Data-driven: You use data to inform your decisions and are always looking for the numbers to back up your claims.
- Innovation: You seek to work smarter. You are creative and think outside the box when faced with a challenge. You develop and push yourself, taking calculated risks to learn quickly and without fear of failing.
- Confidence: You can turn a no into a yes with your solution-oriented nature and your knack for persuasion. You have a natural ability to establish and build great business relationships with clients.
- Positivity: You have a can-do attitude which spreads positivity to those around you. You are energetic and motivated to do your best in every project you take on.
- Culture and Relationship: You can embrace and be adaptable to different cultures internally in GetYourGuide and externally with suppliers in your responsible markets. You are exceptional in creating strong and sustainable relationships.
- Languages: You can speak English and Thai Fluently
- Grow with a large degree of freedom; set your own goals and path to achieve them having full ownership and responsibility from day one
- Join a strong company culture where we live and breathe our core values: learning, clarity, passion, positivity, and commitment
- Live the life of our customers by experiencing amazing products in many countries and improving our products for yourself
- Travel to top destinations in your region on a monthly basis
- Be an integral part of the company’s growth and a key player in our Thailand entity
- Work in an international team with varied experience levels where you are constantly learning and growing
- Innovate within a fun and exciting industry and work in one of its technology leaders
- Virtual Share Program
- Fruits and snacks in the office
- Individual Medical Plan
- Team Events twice a year
This is a regular full-time position based in Bangkok reporting directly to the Regional Manager.
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.