GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how travelers discover and book things to do in their destination. We’re on a journey to transform ordinary trips into extraordinary ones; business development is a critical part of this mission.
The Business Development team works with travel companies and publishers including the likes of EasyJet, KLM and TimeOut to name a few. We help our partners drive new revenue while promoting GetYourGuide and distributing our inventory of tours and activities.
The partner channel is already a significant growth driver for our overall business today and we are active in a variety of B2B segments - from working with thousands of travel agents and online bloggers to strategic partnerships with leading airlines and OTAs. You will help us expand this network of US-based travel partners.
By capturing untapped markets and successfully closing partnerships, you will turn our B2B business in these segments into a massive standalone success. Your unmatched ability to sign and close deals is the link that will develop GetYourGuide into the global B2B leader for tours & activities.
Learn more about your responsibilities:
- Acquire new airlines, OTA's and other travel partners by effectively managing the entire sales funnel from research, first contact and contract negotiation to deal-closing
- Research the market to discover new potential partners and new business models to increase our long-term performance
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders to overcome roadblocks and drive cross-functional efforts across marketing, sales, engineering, finance, and other teams
- Maintain a visible pipeline and prioritized action list
- Positively represent GetYourGuide to external stakeholders at critical industry events
- Perform product analysis and influence the BD Leadership team on improvements and innovation
- 4+ years prior experience in Sales or Business Development, ideally in an online environment. Experience in the travel industry a plus.
- Strong desire to win despite all challenges and to close deals
- Excellent English-language skills
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills with both internal & external parties
- Stand-out presentation skills
- Proven internal stakeholder management
- Marked project & pipeline management skills
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and accurate
- Persistent and willing to go the extra mile
- Eager to learn and quick in implementing feedback
- Thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
Why work with us?
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth drivers with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 50 nationalities
- Weekly all hands meetings and monthly business updates
- Regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and conferences!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 20 days of paid vacation + Federal Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment)
- Virtual Share program
What you should know:
This is a regular full-time position based in New York City reporting to the Regional Manager USA East, Mexico and Caribbean.
Please note that GetYourGuide is not able to provide work permit sponsorship for this position. You need to be eligible to work in the US before we are able to consider your application.
Do you have the skills to do the job, enthusiasm for our vision and fit our culture? Yes? Great, we already look forward to hearing from you! Please include your resume and cover letter in English.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to get some insights into what happens behind the scenes.