As a Senior Data Scientist you will play a key role in generating impactful insights from our diverse datasets and change the way how we run aspects of our business. You will work on problems such as the identification of growth drivers or customer loyalty.
With 450+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
- Conduct data deep dives to identify new product opportunities and find root causes for trends observed in our data.
- Choose the right format and level of complexity for sharing your findings to influence the mission teams working on the particular domains of our business.
- Run experiments to prove that you can drive growth with your insights.
- Specify your data needs to make our data lake as efficient as possible for your algorithms.
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Analytics You are able to transform data into wisdom. Your strong statistical background enables you to test hypotheses. You are proficient within an analytics tool (pandas, R) and with SQL. Experience with web analytics is a plus.
- Business Experience You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Machine Learning You apply regressors, classifiers, and clustering. You understand in detail how the ML models work, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
- Academic Background You’ve learned in your master’s or PhD program how research works such that you can easily catch up with the newest scientific developments.
- Software Engineering You ideally have working knowledge on a modern programming language (Scala) and distributed systems (Spark).
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.