As a Data Engineer - Spark & Scala you will be working in a small and multi-disciplinary team solving unique marketing automation challenges. You will have significant ownership and responsibility in using data and machine learning to impact our customers and business.
The Data team's mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products and the best data-driven decisions. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional mission teams. We focus on problems such as search relevance, personalization or marketing automation using cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and maintain large Spark data pipelines, responsible for critical marketing automation functionalities and 10s of millions of ads on Google Adwords
- Leverage Machine Learning and Big Data to improve the accuracy of our bidding and targeting algorithms
- Work in collaboration with data scientists, back-end engineers and product managers to deliver improvements in our customer acquisition systems
- Scale and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- Participate in code reviews and help improving our standards in development processes
- Track record in developing production data workflows using Apache Spark
- Proficient in Scala and possess strong CS fundamentals
- Be able to write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- An analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
Nice to have:
- Experience working along with data scientists on machine learning workflows
- Familiar with SQL and data analysis concepts
- Familiar with Google AdWords and/or computational advertising
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
If you are interested in learning more about data analysis at GetYourGuide, join our Data Disruptors meetup in Berlin on April 12th 2018. Register here.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality!