GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning customers' travel dreams into reality. Design is a critical part of this mission.
About the team
We’re about 13 people total on the Design and UX team, divided into 3 disciplines: Product Design, UX Writing and UX Research.
The Product Design team is responsible for the design systems that underpin all our products, as well as the specific screens and workflows that make up a product’s user experience.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced manager who will have the chance to help build a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers. You’ll join our growing team of design leaders and help shape not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build.
You help our teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We guide teams through complex problem spaces on their journey to get to simple.
On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
At the end of the day, we are the front line in delivering happy design teams and wonderful user experiences.
Product, People, Process:
- Be one of the first managers on a quickly growing and business-critical team
- Grow the team to meet business demands and employee development needs
- Manage a team of designers working on GetYourGuide’s core product experience
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Lead the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Report to the Director of Product Design
You may be fit for this role if:
- You have 2+ years of managing a team of junior to senior product designers
- You have experience growing and developing senior designers and design leaders
- You excel at motivating and inspiring people to do their best work
- You are relentlessly customer-focused
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Relocation Assistance
- Dedicated leadership training
- 25 company paid holidays
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Free German lessons
- Company sponsored tech talks
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
Do you think you can rock the job? Then, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.