Our Engineering department is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who cares to deliver best in-class experiences for online partners and customer audiences. You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, designers, analysts and product managers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
Marketplace owns the core customer desktop and mobile web platforms for GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces in combination with rigorous A/B testing to craft an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
Referrals has a team focus on delivering a compelling customer referral program and managing the communication touchpoints with our audience. You will be responsible for the technical delivery and integrations across our platform to inspire and engage with this new product experience.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in backend PHP coding + other backend language
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex systems
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.