As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of an empowered team that plays a key part in building and enhancing our future cloud and container-based infrastructure. You will work closely together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully run their code on the platform we provide.
The Developer Enablement team acts as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their services. You will be part of a team that develops internal tooling to make the life of other engineers better. We are currently moving to a modern container-based, microservice-oriented architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Python and Go.
- Develop software and systems that help other engineers excel
- Drive the organizational shift to a DevOps, you build it, you run it culture
- Shape the future architecture of the organization by advocating best practices
- Owning and improving the CI/CD and testing infrastructure
- Knowing which questions to ask and where to get the answers
- Software development experience, preferably using Python or Go
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.
- You enjoy solving problems using open source software
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of loosely-coupled microservice architecture patterns
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience with automating deployment and integration pipelines using technologies like Drone.io, GitHub and Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.