As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer you will play a key role in designing and developing impactful data products. You will have significant ownership and responsibility on problems such as search relevance, recommendations, categorisation or search term value prediction.
With 450+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travellers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travellers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data Product team's mission is to transform our vast amount of data into intelligent products our customers love. We work on a variety of problems as members of cross-functional teams and use cutting-edge algorithms and data infrastructure.
- Build data products that satisfy our customers and boost our business.
- Develop your ideas from hypothesis testing over prototyping to code in production.
- Identify new product opportunities based on the vast amount of data we collect and store.
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- Support the growth of a world-class data team by participating in recruiting, team building and mentoring.
- Software Engineering: You are proficient in Scala or Python (and willing to learn Scala) and possess strong CS fundamentals. You write efficient code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability.
- Data Pipelines: You have a track record in developing scalable production data workflows using Apache Spark.
- Machine Learning: You have experience applying relevance and machine learning algorithms. You understand the ins and outs of building intelligent products with data.
- Business Experience: You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
Nice to have:
- Experience with data analysis concepts and tools (SQL, Pandas, R)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.