We're on a mission to unlock the world’s most unforgettable experiences. Why is our mission important? We help travellers to learn and grow, and to create lifelong memories. What do people value the most from their trip? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value experiences, such as seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour.
Travel experiences are the last remaining part of the travel industry that is yet to fully transition to digital and mobile. All of the recent trends will accelerate the consumer transition from offline transactions to digital and mobile. Unlike flights or accommodations, there is no large incumbent yet in the travel experiences space. Our ambition is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the team
Our team’s mission is to ensure customers have an unforgettable experience when booking and going on GYG activities. We focus on optimizing key elements such as availability, pricing, review rating, and content through operational and tech-driven tactics. Additionally, we are managing the GYG Originals program, and strategic partnerships.
About the role
We are looking for a strategic leader to drive revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction by defining, implementing, and managing GetYourGuide’s supply programs, including GetYourGuide Originals. This is a full-time role, reporting to our Director of Global Supply. Your responsibilities include:
- Get the big ideas right. Co-develop the strategy and business models for our programs
- Communicate those ideas effectively. Continuously refine and test new frameworks, and report monthly progress across all levels, incl. our Executive team
- Oversee the implementation of the ideas. Maintain alignment, and execute our strategy in cooperation with all relevant teams, e.g. Sales, Product, and Marketing
- Determine how to refine the big ideas. This includes travelling to destinations, talking to travellers and suppliers, and testing our tours
- You have 6+ years experience in a leadership role at a fast-growing tech startup, or 4+ years experience at a management consulting firm (excluding time spent for an MBA or PhD)
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong business acumen, and willingness to get your hands dirty to get things done.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller.
- Product Management experience is a plus
Reasons to join us
- Join the global leader for travel experiences. We have an outstanding culture, talent density, growth model, and cash balance. No other player will grow as fast as us in 2022 and beyond. It is only up to us to keep dominating the € 150 billion travel experiences market going forward
- Be part of a carefully selected high-performing team that defines GYG’s supply strategy, executes our biggest ideas such as GetYourGuide Originals, and reports to the founder & COO
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~600 employees from over 70 nationalities, $650 million in funding) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network. Additionally, you’ll receive an annual training budget
- Socialize regularly [once it is safe again], e.g. during our weekly Pizza Friday, quarterly team events, bi-yearly trainings, and yearly all staff summit and Winter party
- Receive top payment (both fixed salary and virtual stock options)
- Benefit from several perks (e.g. GYG family & friends discount, discounted monthly passes for public transportation, fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club; German lessons, etc.)
- Receive visa and relocation support
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide.