Senior Project Manager Site Merchandising
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager in the Site Merchandising team who will help us shape the customer experience on our most important web and app pages.
What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome.
These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. Our product, which helps people discover, book, and enjoy travel experiences, is an essential tool for anyone visiting the world’s top destinations. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Project Manager in the Site Merchandising team who will help us give the whole world access to unforgettable experiences.
As Senior Project Manager in the Site Merchandising team you will work to transform the way we curate, organize and display our experiences on our most-trafficked pages. We need someone who thrives on pursuing bold ideas, collaborates well with other teams, and relentlessly drives for execution on behalf of our customers. You will report to the Head of Site Merchandising and work cross-functionally with our supply, marketing, and product teams to ensure an optimal customer experience.
- Curate and organize the products that customers see on our most-trafficked web and app pages
- Contribute to strategies & playbooks for merchandising at scale
- Execute merchandising plans in partnership with marketing and supply teams
- Work hand in hand and provide feedback to product and design teams
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and positioning
- Develop & track metrics to measure the performance of our curation and merchandising efforts
- 3+ years of site merchandising experience in a marketplace/e-commerce environment or of project management in dynamic high performance environments (e.g. high growth companies, strategy consulting)
- Demonstrated passion for solving customer problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated working with diverse stakeholders and driving for collaborative solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset and motivation
- Creative problem solver based on strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent communication
- Visa support will be provided if necessary
- This position comes with relocation support if necessary
- Autonomy to drive the success of GetYourGuide’s growth engine
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- GetYourGuide vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~600 employees from over 70 nationalities, $650 million in funding) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network.
- Annual personal learning budget
- Benefit from several perks (e.g. discounted monthly passes for public transportation, fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club; German lessons, etc.)
- Smart and engaged co-workers
- Flexible work policies (e.g., 20 days of telecommuting)
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog Inside GetYourGuide, and for questions or comments we’d love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.