GetYourGuide is the world's leading travel marketplace to unlock the world’s most unforgettable travel experiences for modern explorers. We are in touch with cultures and languages every day. Not only through the incredible experiences we offer, but even more via all the touchpoints that modern explorers have with us (web, app, brand, ads, customer service, …).
Therefore the L10n team crafts an authentic local customer experience that is scalable and globally consistent.
We are looking for an experienced and customer-centric person to lead our Localization Teams and drive L10n at GetYourGuide to the next level.
You will be responsible for driving growth from a linguistic and cultural perspective and will work closely across all our teams to win all relevant source markets, incl. product, brand and marketing. In addition you will own the complete localization of our experience selection and innovate our internal localization setup with tooling and data excellence whilst ensuring great quality.
Up for the challenge to establish a proactive and growth driven L10n setup?
- Create and drive the long-term vision for L10n with key stakeholders and integrate it into the companies industry-leading initiatives
- Define the team strategy, expansion plans and big bets (incl. scope, structure, KPIs and targets for the team)
- Develop and enable the team for best in class performance
- Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to quality and scale in L10n
- Drive innovation, improvements, and scalability in our localization workflows, processes and cross-departmental collaborations
- Be a localization advocate and build partnerships with key stakeholder departments including Content, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Business Development and Customer Care
- 5+ years leading large high performing teams
- 5+ years of experience in localization or linguistic areas
- Proven experience with scaling and developing teams and topics in a fast-growing environment, preferably e-commerce
- Excellent and pragmatic problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks based on data
- Strong proactive interpersonal skills and collaborative work-style with the ability to build relationships with leading stakeholders to drive innovation
- Experience in managing and developing a team with diverse skill sets and experience levels
- Experience working with translation vendors technical background in localization tech, TMS systems, CAT tools, machine translation are a plus
- Speak and write English fluently (additional languages are a plus)
What we offer
- Working at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving to create unforgettable travel experiences
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s success
- Smart and engaged co-workers in an international team from over 70 nationalities
- Personal annual training budget and GrowthHub - be constantly learning
- Discounted passes for public transportation, personal health and pension schemes
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Breakfast, drinks, and fruit every day.
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & drinks Fridays)
- Lots of fun events and team outings, with regular learning and development opportunities in short a place to jointly grow and have fun together
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.