GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now searching for a mid-level Android Engineer. This is a full-time role at our Berlin headquarters.
As an Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android Application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The On-Trip team's mission is to fulfill the promise of an incredible in-destination experience. We strive for customers to have the best experience they can while on their trips. We explore how we can leverage native technology, to shape the future of travel.
- Champion for the continuous improvement of our customers' experience
- Develop the native Android GetYourGuide applications
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Help build and grow our team
- 2+ years of relevant Android development experience
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- High proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Git, and using the Android Framework
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to Have:
- Have one or more successful Android apps published in Google Play
- Good knowledge of the following tools: IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Github, RX, JUnit/Espresso, Jira
- Experience with Koin, Room
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Experience in implementation of deep links
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get some insights on fixing bugs and how one of our Android developers sets up his projects. Check out other topics on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers dreams' into reality!
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.