As an Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
Marketplace owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing. Our goal is to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
We’re organized in cross-functional mission teams, which are composed of frontend, backend, native apps, and data engineers, along with product managers and designers.
The Activity Content Team showcases the value of GetYourGuide inventory and customer experiences with effectiveness, accuracy, and inspiration, so travelers can book incredible travel experiences.
- Design and develop scalable travel ecommerce systems that are used by millions of customers.
- Design applications and features from scratch and continuously improve the product’s architecture
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists
- Enable your mission teams to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and analysing A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems, processes, and engineering practices
- A strong background in the design and implementation of scalable service oriented architectures and a good understanding of design patterns (experience in migrating a monolithic application to a services oriented architecture is a plus)
- Experience on how to operate at scale and have a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset
- Proficiency with Java and Kotlin
- Know your way around the Android SDK and Android Jetpack
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Experience in defining and tracking data to facilitate customer-centric decision making, such as through A/B testing and hypothesis building
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Git, Github, IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Jira
- A positive, pro-active team-oriented mindset, and a passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge
- A passion for delivering clean code and continuously learning about new tools, languages and practices
- Experience with writing unit or end to end tests
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to Have:
- Have one or more successful Android apps published in the Google Play store
- Experience with Koin, Room, RX, Coroutines, and JUnit/Espresso
- Experience with iOS development and Swift
- Experience with backend development (Java or PHP)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get some insights on fixing bugs and how one of our Android developers sets up his projects. Check out other topics on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers dreams' into reality!
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.