GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are now searching for an Associate Mobile Engineer. This is a full-time role at our Berlin office.
As an Associate Mobile Engineer, you will be working directly with our Native Apps Guild and Travelers Platform Team with a focus on our mobile Applications. You will join a growing team of engineers to keep improving our mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
Marketplace Group owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing. Our goal is to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and a seamless booking experience for our users.
We’re organized in cross-functional mission teams, which are composed of frontend, backend, native apps, and data engineers, along with product managers and designers.
As part of the Travelers Platform team, you will help us to enable teams to build incredible cross-platform Traveler experiences through a stable and scalable platform.
- You will work in a cross-functional team collaborating with engineers and analysts
- You will impact directly the experience of our travelers that are users of the native GetYourGuide applications
- You will continuously improve our codebase, systems and processes
- You will design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- You have under two years of full-time mobile development experience
- You have the ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- You are a positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You are capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- You are open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- You have proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Git, and using the Android Framework
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs is highly advantageous
- Proficient in writing automated tests (Unit/UI/Integration tests)
- Experience with Java and PHP (or any Backend experience)
- Knowledge of the following tools: IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Github, RX, JUnit/Espresso, Jira
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences, or dive directly into some code that we released as open source.