As an Associate Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers on the checkout and post-purchase experience on our Android application.
The FinTech team's mission is to provide a seamless checkout and post-purchase experience to our customers. As an associate Android engineer in the team, your main focus will be on making the post-purchase experience as seamless as possible. This includes making it easy to find the meeting point and to redeem the purchased tickets, to enable rescheduling, cancellation and rebooking, and to resolve customer problems with ease - ideally without having to contact our customer service team.
You will join a sizable team of skilled engineers, including two experienced Android engineers who will help you grow into your new role in no time. Your tasks will range from adding new features and improving the user experience, over defining and making architectural evolution happen, to monitoring and stability improvements.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Implement new features in the app and improve the user experience
- Continuously improve our codebase, systems and processes
- Experienced with Java, Kotlin, Git, and using the Android Framework
- Less than two years of full-time mobile development experience
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to learn quickly with the support from senior engineers in the team
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs is highly advantageous
- Experience in writing automated tests (Unit/UI/Integration tests)
- Experience with backend development in Java or PHP
- Knowledge of the following tools: IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Github, RX, JUnit/Espresso, Jira
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be always learning
- Well-stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get an idea of what cross-platform development looks like or how to survive joining a fully remote team, and to discover what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide in any of the other articles. Make sure to visit our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences.