GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. Currently we are in a strong growth phase and are working on building a world class travel ecommerce product to help us scale and serve millions of customers.
As a Backend Engineer, you will help develop the next generation of our in-house systems in the realm of Search Engine Marketing (SEM). You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, analysts, data scientists and product owners as co-workers. Deep dive data, develop innovative solutions, be involved in architecture decisions and take our marketing systems to new heights!
Marketing Technology Team Mission
We are part of the Growth department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the core systems behind our Marketing initiatives. We aim to be at the cutting edge of advertising technologies and partner with business stakeholders to develop impactful features to connect customers with the most relevant tours and activities in our inventory. We have touch points across the business and aim to solve problems at scale with big data systems that manage 10s of millions of entries.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product manager, data analysts and marketing managers
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale, and ensure customers can find activities they will love through online advertising
- Partner with our business and technical teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Review ongoing SEM efforts, identify opportunities and explore new areas to bring impact
- Be involved in architecture discussions and develop next generation systems
- Continuously improve our code base, systems, and processes
- Highly proficient in backend engineering and best practices
- Experience with Scala or Java
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex systems
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data driven decision-making
Nice to have:
- Experience with large scale data processing using Apache Spark & Airflow
- Experience developing projects in a Docker microservice architecture
- Developed using advertising APIs (Google Adwords, Facebook, etc.)
- Prior experience in startup environments
- A modern infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka) and a good DevOps mentality (you build it you own it)
- Solid engineering principles. Check them out here
- To work on creating memorable travel experiences for millions of travelers. Find out more about our KPIs here
- Smart and engaged co-workers - Take a look at our team video
- An English-speaking office with people from 60+ nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & beer Fridays) *temporarily reduced due to Covid-19
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance
- You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.