As a Business Analytics Manager, you will lead a team of analysts who support our Operations team, including teams such as Sales, Category Management, and Supply Operations, to help make GetYourGuide the best place to book experiences in destinations across the globe. In this role, you’ll not only lead a team, but also directly contribute to analysis and analytics projects yourself. You and your team will deeply understand our business performance and analyze the organization’s most complex business problems and deliver insights to drive important decisions at GetYourGuide.
With 600+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organization to take action based on data. We work on business problems across GetYourGuide -- including understanding our business, and working on answering complex questions such as “What is our optimal inventory set?” and “How can we optimize our existing tours and activities to bring the most value to our customers and GYG.” We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel -- including problem scoping, exploratory analysis, insights & recommendation sharing to help decision makers.
- Hire, lead, inspire, and develop a team of data analysts
- Lead analytics initiatives and manage processes that make the analytics team smarter and more efficient
- Work with cross functional teams to turn ambiguous problems into clear business questions that can be answered with data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop tactics and strategies that move the business forward
- Define key metrics to evaluate the success of our operations, including supply, availability, and selection
- Design, help implement, and analyze experiments or methods to evaluate the impact of new initiatives
- Build reports and dashboards to track the long-term success of our initiatives
- Track and analyze overall business performance, including how changes to our operations impact our bottom line
- Work with Finance to continuously improve our forecasting and operating plan.
- Prioritize analytics work among various stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with data engineers to continuously improve data and reporting availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability
- 5+ years of relevant experience interpreting data in analytics, data science or management consulting
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Jupyter Notebooks, databricks)
- Ability to understand user behavior and meaning behind the numbers
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com. The recruiter for this role is Stephen Rose.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we’re using to change the way the world travels.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.