As a Data Analyst, you will help drive measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making within GetYourGuide. You will solve problems that could range from forecasting the ticket sales of our some of our key attractions, analyzing the success of our new product features, help develop strategies to improve customer service experience, or help our sales team decide which tours to acquire.
With 500+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
This position is in our Business Analytics team. Business analytics works with our operations teams, including sales, supply excellence, category management, and customer service. We provide analysis and insights to the operations teams to answer questions so our business can operate efficiently, that we can acquire & maintain world-class inventory, and so we may ensure that each GetYourGuide customer has an incredible experience.
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive business & product decisions
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities and issues, and present findings to stakeholders
- Deliver analysis, insights, and recommendations to business teams to make impactful decisions
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the business teams and the data engineering team
- 2-3 years of relevant experience interpreting data in an analytics, data science or business intelligence role
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Curiosity, reasoning skills with proven evidence of problem solving.
- Ability to understand user behavior and meaning behind the numbers
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
- Great communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in business analytics/strategy is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business of a tech company
- Familiarity with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 68 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation assistance and visa support
- Full-time position
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we’re using to change the way the world travels.