We are looking for a Data Engineer to help make the vast amount of data we produce organized and valuable so everyone in the company can make great decisions through insights. You will work on data pipelines, data storage, analytics tools, data quality and more.
With 400 + employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travellers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data Platform team plays the central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as event pipelines, analytics or large-scale applied machine learning. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. We work with a wide variety of tools and technologies, from Spark to Looker, making this team a great place to learn new skills.
- Ownership of the data warehouse and reporting/analytics processes (e.g. ETL, Log processing)
- Develop initiatives on ensuring data quality, accuracy and reliability
- Optimize and improve existing data pipelines to support our growth, initiatives around performance and scalability
- Develop new data pipelines and work with data scientists, data engineers and product managers to add new data sources or new views in our data
- Implement and maintain data models using business intelligence tools in order to allow our business users access the data directly and drive decisions.
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the product teams and the data engineering team
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Expert knowledge and expertise with SQL & OLAP
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing concepts and schema optimization based on usage patterns
- Experience in multiple RDBMS (PostgresQL, MySQL) and database administration
- Experience in developing cross platforms ETL processes, maintaining systems for tracking data quality and consistency and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Knowledge and direct experience in data visualization concepts using business intelligence reporting tools (Looker, Pentaho)
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive, Hadoop)
- Experience with data manipulation tools and libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, R)
- Prior experience in start-up environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.