We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our engineering infrastructure and core platform.
The team plays a key part in building, automating and enhancing our cloud and container-based infrastructure. We act as "engineers for the engineers" helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. Our technology stack consists of AWS, Kubernetes and Istio. Our aim is to create a reliable platform for running our core services while enabling teams to move fast, take risks and experiment.
The team is fully remote with a focus on the Central European Time zone.
Engineering Managers report to a Senior Engineering Manager and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals, Understand and articulate long-term engineer needs and industry trends to develop a cohesive 12-month+ vision and strategy
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments, Can effectively balance between the needs of different engineering disciplines, and make effective trade-off decisions
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Ability to work during Central European Time business hours
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Experience with technical requirement and stakeholder management
- Passionate about business results and people
- SRE experience comparable to Senior Engineer with good knowledge of modern cloud based infrastructure
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in an infrastructure team with the other engineering teams as the core customers
- Prior experience in scale-up environments
- Experience with various technologies (Python, Go, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.