We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our partnerships channels.
You will assume line management of a group of talented engineers based in Zurich, and together, you’ll have the chance to work on some exciting and challenging projects. Here are some examples of things we’d love to tackle next:
- Improve our products by adding personalised recommendations to provide both relevant insights as well as allowing our partners to increase the revenue they can generate by reselling GetYourGuide product.
- Build a brand new Registration and Onboarding process for Ambassadors.
- Build a tool allowing partners to run an “audit” on one of their pages, automatically generating a visual report of suggested changes, including potential financial impact.
- Increase the conversion rate of widgets, by running experiments on the existing offering as well as exploring new widget options.
- Build an Automatic Deep-Link Placement Tool that partners can integrate that will analyse the text, suggest, and ultimately create the highest-performing deep-links for a given page.
The team’s purpose is to help GetYourGuide's partners grow their businesses by enabling them to provide incredible experiences to their audiences.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering for Growth and is primarily measured according to their team’s performance. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and work towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders, and delivering on commitments
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Passionate about business results and people, not just technical excellence
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Full-Stack Engineer
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience with large scale data processing using Apache Spark & Airflow
- Prior experience working on affiliate businesses
- Prior experience working in a consumer growth team
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 72 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.