We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our marketplace or marketing area and related customer channels.
You will assume line management of existing mobile, frontend and backend engineers owning:
- Some core platform components like Experimentation and Authentication (Java)
- Core architectural improvements to the iOS / Android apps (Java/Kotlin/ObjectiveC/Swift)
The purpose of the team is to improve common components/architecture patterns and to guide all other marketplace teams on how to best leverage the platform to deliver value to our customers faster.
Here you will:
- Be responsible for defining the team’s strategy and roadmap to address organizational technical needs and pain points around performance and scalability
- Shape and ship high-impact solutions that ultimately contributes to increasing company metrics
This role reports to a Senior Engineering Manager and is primarily measured according to the performance of their team. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- 3+ years of experience of team management
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Demonstrated ownership over project management in a previous role, including responsibilities for strategy, KPI setup, goal-setting and roadmap
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, observability)
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer (ideally in the stack the team uses)
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in scale-up environments
- Experience with various technologies (e.g. Node, Java or PHP)
- Experience with Native Apps development
- Experience with system Observability and Monitoring
What we offer
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.