We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our marketplace area and related customer channels.
You will assume line management of existing mobile, frontend and backend engineers owning:
- The backend Search service (Java, Elasticsearch)
- The discovery and search related screens on the iOS / Android apps (Java/Kotlin/ObjectiveC/Swift)
The purpose of the team is to launch products and features to help travelers find activities they love.
Engineering Managers report to a Senior Engineering Manager and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer with Java / node.js stack
- Experience in building scalable search systems with Elasticsearch is a big plus
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in scale-up environments
- Experience with various technologies
- Experience with Native Apps development
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Several fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club
- Hack days and weekly tech talks
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.