Graduate Software Engineer, Backend - Zurich
As a graduate engineer in one of our mission teams you focus on a specific part of our business while still keeping our overarching customer centricity in mind. The question to be asked is: “How can we create incredible experiences for our customers?” Depending on your teams mission the context of this question can be around promoting our product, curing our catalog or of course provide a smooth and secure booking experience and an excellent fulfillment. We believe in working in fast iterations, are data driven and try to leverage the best technology for the task within our broad technology stack. Continuous learning is part of your job.
- Be part of the creation and maintenance of scalable microservices by writing clean and maintainable code
- Get to know a modern, microservice-based marketplace system and contribute to its evolution
- Help to drive innovation by actively taking part in your team's mission and own initiatives throughout the whole life cycle
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organisation deliver high availability services for our customers
- Coding skills. The language you have used in the past is secondary, however having heard of Java, PHP, Go or Node.js helps
- Know database concepts, different database types and also have used some of them in the past
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Understanding of distributed systems, container technology and some familiarity with public cloud environments like AWS is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to quickly learn supported by the senior engineers on the team
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.