As a Data Engineer in our Data Infrastructure team, your mission is making sure we have a great platform to manage data in our production systems.
You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organisation. The team makes sure we have effective ways to move data from one service to another, store data short and long term and transform data to suitable formats for later consumption by our data teams.
We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. Making it easy to set up, connect to and own systems that handle data is our call to action. We strive for stable, secure systems while at the same time providing room for fast experimentation. We are using a modern container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Kafka, Elastic Search, Airflow and MySQL. Don’t worry if you don’t know all of them, we will help you get up to speed.
- Actively engage and help our application teams to move and store data
- Build and improve our developer tooling around databases and data infrastructure
- Ensure high availability of key data systems including taking on-call responsibility
- Develop software that helps with our automation and handles autoscaling and failure recovery
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies
- Champion our data engineering culture and help the engineering organisation understand how to
- Experience with data pipelines and databases
- Coding skills in at least one programming language. We use Java and Go among others
- Understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Some familiarity with public cloud environments like AWS is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to quickly learn supported by the senior engineers on the team
- Problem solver with operations skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- An English speaking office with an international team
- Virtual Stock Options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchens
- GetYourGuide vouchers
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are key to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.