As an engineer in our data infrastructure team, your mission is making sure we have a great platform to manage data in our production systems. You will work with systems affecting the whole engineering organization. The team makes sure we have effective ways to move data from one service to another, store data short and long term and transform data to suitable formats for later consumption by our data teams.
We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. Making it easy to set up, connect to and own data systems is our call to action. We strive for stable, secure systems while at the same time providing room for fast experimentation. We are using a modern container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Kafka, Airflow, MySQL and Postgres.
- Build and scale our cloud-based data infrastructure and help align it with the rest of our production infrastructure
- Build and improve our developer tooling around databases and other data infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability of key data systems including taking on-call responsibility.
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies.
- Be responsible for roles and permissions regarding our data, backup/restore solutions and similar tooling.
- Champion our data engineering culture and help the engineering organisation understand how to.
- Experience setting up and managing at least 1 one of the data technologies: databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), workflow management (Airflow).
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience operating infrastructure on AWS.
- Proficient coding skills in at least one modern programming language. We use Java and Spring framework for backend development and VueJS for frontend development. Having worked with backend databases (directly or via ORM) is nice to have.
- Experience developing in-house tooling by integrating different systems and APIs is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English.
- You enjoy solving problems using open source solutions, or even better if you are actively contributing to open source projects.
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- In-person-first culture, with lots of flexibility for working remotely
- Speak English in the office with people from over 72 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!