As an iOS Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers on the checkout and post-purchase experience of our iOS app.
The FinTech group's mission is to provide a seamless checkout and post-purchase experience to our customers. As an iOS engineer in the team, you will refine the checkout process, make it easy to pay, to find the starting point of the activity, and to redeem the purchased tickets. You will also improve the processes for rescheduling, cancellation and rebooking to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Your tasks will range from defining and implementing architectural evolution, over monitoring and stability improvements together with backend engineers, to UX evolution with A/B testing in collaboration with our product manager and our UX team.
- Contribute to the development of GetYourGuide’s native iOS app
- Implement new features in the app and improve the user experience
- Contribute significantly to the team’s app roadmap
- Shape and improve the app’s architecture
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Customer-centric and data-driven decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- A track record of working on iOS apps - ideally having published one or more yourself
- High proficiency with Swift, Foundation, UIKit, Git, Xcode
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Experience with writing unit and UI tests
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learning new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs highly advantageous
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Fastlane, Bitrise, Combine, JIRA, TestFlight, Swift Package Manager, Async/Await
- Experience with widely used architecture styles like VIP, MVVM or MVVM-C
- Experience with backend development in Java or PHP
- Experience with Android development
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Speak English with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Space and logistical support to host meetups
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well-stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to discover what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide, or visit our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences.