As Principal Engineer you’ll drive and validate the technical approach to projects that influence and collaborate with the entire tech organization from individual Software Engineer to CTO. As part of our technical leadership, you’ll be involved in overarching strategic topics while focusing on the operative excellence of our software engineers - ensuring technical consistency and clarity, across marketplace tech teams.
Marketplace owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
We’re organized in cross-functional mission teams and one key challenge is shifting from a monolith architecture to a service-oriented architecture, allowing your role to make decisions on how we move forward.
- Be a (hands on) System architect. You understand how the various systems and components connect and interact, where the risks are and what trade-offs entail
- Be an Impact multiplier. Whether through processes you design, best practices you establish, code you write, learnings you share, organization changes you influence, or initiatives you lead, the outcomes of your work should move the entire organization forward in a significant way.
- Be part of the technical leadership team
- Be an escalation point for incidents and shape operational excellence
Ideally, you have...
- Experience on how to operate at scale and have a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset (Kubernetes)
- Experience in building marketplaces
- Experience in triaging complex systems (Metrics, Logging Tracing)
- Years of professional hands-on experience as a senior, lead engineer, or architect in complex development projects - with a minimum experience of 10 years in software engineering
- Extensive experience in defining and implementing technical roadmaps that influence multiple tech teams
- Expertise in setting up distributed systems and moving a product from a monolith to services
- Experience in keeping senior stakeholders and the wider tech organization aligned
- Polyglot mindset and you can move comfortably between PHP to Java to Node.JS and work across the entire backend and frontend stack.
- A modern infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka) and a good DevOps mentality (you build it you own it)
- Solid engineering principles. Check them out here
- To work on creating memorable travel experiences for millions of travelers. Find out more about our KPIs here
- Smart and engaged co-workers - Take a look at our team video
- An English-speaking office with people from 60+ nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & beer Fridays)
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.