Ciao! We are GetYourGuide's Partner Tech team, and we're excited that our job post grabbed your interest. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you!
Our mission is all about helping GetYourGuide's partners grow their businesses by enabling them to provide incredible experiences to their audiences. Who are our partners, you might ask? They range from leading airlines to the most influential travel bloggers, making every day challenging and diverse!
To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who cares and thinks as much about enabling a great end-to-end customer experience as they do about the underlying technology.
With 500+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
- Design and develop scalable travel e-commerce systems that are used by millions of customers.
- Mentor other team members and be involved in hiring software engineers
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists
- Enable your mission teams to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and analyzing A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our codebase, systems, and processes
Ideally, you have…
- A strong background in the design and implementation of scalable service-oriented architectures and a good understanding of design patterns (experience in migrating a monolithic application to a services-oriented architecture is a plus)
- Proficiency in Java and the ability to build features from scratch (PHP or Go knowledge a plus)
- Experience in defining and tracking data to facilitate customer-centric decision makings, such as through A/B testing and hypothesis building
- A positive, pro-active team-oriented mindset, and a passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge
- A passion for delivering clean code and continuously learning about new tools, languages, and practices
- Experience on how to operate at scale and have a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset (Kubernetes)
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 72 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!