As a Senior Data Analyst, you will contribute to the vision of your team and with the different business units to establish and maintain best practices for data-driven decisions, including the data supply chain, data storage, reporting solutions, and analysis.
With 450+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Analytics team's mission is to enable the organisation to take action based on data. We work on a variety of problems and datasets as members of cross-functional mission teams. We take ownership of the entire analytics funnel from exploration through recommendations to impact measurement and take pride in the insights we generate.
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product and business decisions and strategy
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities and issues, and present findings to stakeholders
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Serve as a liaison between the product teams and the data engineering team
- Mentor others in the skills needed for this role
- 5+ years of relevant experience interpreting data in an analytics, data science or business intelligence role
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Jupyter Notebooks)
- Ability to understand user behavior and meaning behind the numbers
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.