As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll join our growing Data Products team and have a chance to make an enormous impact. The vast and diverse set of structured and unstructured data GetYourGuide has collected empowering data products such as search, recommendations, SEM, or incentives. We have touchpoints across the business and aim to develop end-to-end solutions.
The Recommendations and Relevance team builds data products enabling our customers to discover the most relevant activities in GetYourGuide’s vast inventory precisely. The team's prime focus is on recommender systems and the ranking component of our search engine.
Relevancy is personal; it depends on various interacting dimensions: the customers' interests and specific needs, the current state of their user journey, product characteristics, external factors like weather, location, time, and many, many more. The complexity of the available information results in complex questions regarding the technical architecture and the applied algorithms. Our Data Scientists and Backend Engineers work closely together to ensure that the whole development process runs smoothly.
- Build data products that delight our customers and contribute to company success
- Own your projects from the business problem to the code in production, including ...
- … the analysis of vast amounts of data
- … the development and maintenance of data pipelines
- … the monitoring of your data products after deployment
- Contribute to our machine learning infrastructure and best practices
- Make your team more extraordinary via continuous improvements and your support in recruiting
- Machine Learning You apply regressors, classifiers, and recommenders. You understand in detail the underpinning of ML techniques. Applied experience in setting machine learning models into production is a plus.
- Software Engineering You are fluent in a modern programming language (Python/Scala). Working knowledge of distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark) is a plus.
- Analytics You can transform data into wisdom. You know how to test hypotheses. You are proficient with an analytics tool (pandas, R) and with SQL.
- Business Experience You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Academic Background You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field and can quickly learn new skills or techniques.
Check out our blogs!
- Position Spotlight Data Scientist
- Prepping for a Data Science Interview - Ask yourself these questions to stand out
- GetYourGuide Core Values
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!