As a Senior Data Scientist you'll join our growing Data Products team and have a chance to make a large impact. As an embedded member of our Product or Marketing teams, you will be a trusted partner in a cross-functional team tackling the toughest and most impactful problems. The vast and diverse set of structured and unstructured data GetYourGuide has collected is powering data products such as search, recommendations and supplier on-boarding. You will own your projects end-to-end and work on the approach, build algorithms, data pipelines and metrics to measure success.
- Build data products that delight our customers and boost our business
- Develop your ideas from a hypothesis to code in production
- Build data pipelines to feed your algorithms
- Analyze vast amounts of data to identify new opportunities
- Contribute in developing our machine learning infrastructure and best practices
- Make your team greater via continuous improvements and help in recruiting
- Machine Learning: You apply regressors, classifiers, and recommenders. You understand in detail the underpinning of ML techniques. Applied experience productionizing machine learning models is a plus.
- Software Engineering: You are fluent in a modern programming language (Scala/Python). Working knowledge on distributed machine learning and computing framework (Spark) is a plus.
- Analytics: You are able to transform data into wisdom. You know how to test hypotheses. You are proficient with an analytics tool (pandas, R) and with SQL.
- Business Experience: You applied the skills mentioned above in a business environment for 4+ years. A track record of result-driven work gives evidence of this.
- Academic Background: You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field and can easily learn new skills or techniques
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 68 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.