GetYourGuide’s Catalog team is based in Zurich and responsible for all static data of tours and activities. We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to up the frontend firepower of the team. In this role, you will work both on the frontend and backend of our supplier tools and data services. You will closely collaborate with the backend developers in the team and boost their frontend skills in pair programming sessions. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
- Work in a team with top-notch developers and product management
- Help to enable your team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B tests
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- We use modern technology like Vanilla ES6 with SCSS, Vue.js and Webpack
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient with backend development using modern object oriented languages (PHP a plus)
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex websites
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of frameworks and toolchains such as Vue.js, Node.js and Gulp
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.