As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be working on developing best in class software products for our travel marketplace. Currently we are in a strong growth phase and are working on building world class travel ecommerce product to help us scale and serve millions of customers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
Marketplace owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
We’re organized in cross-functional mission teams, which are composed of frontend, backend, native apps, data engineers along with product managers and designers.
- Design and develop scalable travel e-commerce systems that are used by millions of customers.
- Mentor other team members and be involved with developing and hiring our software engineers
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, product managers, designers and data specialists
- Help to enable your mission teams to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
Ideally you have...
- A strong background in design and implementation of scalable service oriented architecture and a good understanding of design patterns
- Experience in defining and tracking data to facilitate customer-centric decision making, such as through A/B testing and hypothesis building
- A positive, pro-active team-oriented mindset, who enjoys mentoring and sharing knowledge
- A passion for delivering clean code and continuously learning about new tools, languages and practices
- A modern infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka) and a good DevOps mentality (you build it you own it)
- Solid engineering principles. Check them out here
- To work on creating memorable travel experiences for millions of travelers. Find out more about our KPIs here
- Smart and engaged co-workers - Take a look at our team video
- An English-speaking office with people from 60+ nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & beer Fridays)
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.