Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure Team
As a Reliability Engineer in our site reliability engineering team, you will be part of an empowered team that plays a key part in building, automating and enhancing our cloud and container-based infrastructure. You will work closely together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully run their code on the platform we provide. You will be joining an experienced team of skilled engineers able to quickly onboard you to our systems.
The Infrastructure group plays a central role in scaling, automating and managing core parts of our cloud-based infrastructure. We act as "Engineers for the Engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. We are about to complete our move to a modern, container-based service architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Terraform, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
Our aim is to create a reliable platform for running our core services while at the same time enabling teams to take risks and experiment by having good separation between systems.
- Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure including managing our Kubernetes clusters, logging pipelines and databases
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
- Develop software that helps with our automation and handles autoscaling and failure recovery
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organisation deliver high availability services for our customers
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Coding skills in at least one programming language. Infrastructure use Python and go among others
- Experience with automating system and server management.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Familiar with public cloud environments like AWS.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- You care about monitoring and understanding the state of systems
- Problem solver with operations skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.