As a Staff Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android Application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The Travelers Platform team’s mission is to enable teams to build incredible cross-platform traveler experiences through a stable and scalable platform. We are responsible for designing and delivering the target architecture across web, backend and native apps.
- Champion for the continuous improvement of our customers' experience
- Develop the native Android GetYourGuide applications
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Help build and grow our team
- Be a (hands on) system architect. You understand how the various systems and components connect and interact, where the risks are and what trade-offs entail
- Be an Impact multiplier. Whether through processes you design, best practices you establish, code you write, learnings you share, organization changes you influence, or initiatives you lead.
- Be a hands-on coder
- Be part of the technical leadership team
- Be an escalation point for incidents and shape operational excellence
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- High proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Git, and using the Android Framework
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to Have:
- Have one or more successful Android apps published in Google Play
- Experience collaborating across multiple vertical teams
- Good knowledge of the following tools: IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Github, RX, JUnit/Espresso, Jira
- Experience with Koin, Room
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Experience in implementation of deep links
- Impact multipliers. Whether through processes they design, best practices they establish, code they write, learnings they share, organization changes they influence, or initiatives they lead, the outcomes of their work should move the entire organization forward in a significant way.
- Experts for specific technical domains. They should guide, and unblock others.
- (hands on) System architects. They should understand how the various systems and components connect and interact. Where the risks are. What trade-offs entail.
- “Free radicals”, able to fill any technical void (within reason). They should jump onto the most important technical problems the broader team has, figure out how to solve them, and drive those solutions home.
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Pizza & Beer Fridays
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get some insights on fixing bugs and how one of our Android developers sets up his projects. Check out other topics on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers dreams' into reality!