We are looking for a working student in security to join the infrastructure group at GetYourGuide. Working closely with our security engineers your focus will be on helping out with vulnerability reports in order to keep our infrastructure and applications secure and scalable.
The security team is part of the Infrastructure group that plays a central role in scaling, automating, and managing core parts of our cloud-based systems. Security has a broader mission and also supports our application engineers to make sure we work with security in a proactive manner. A key part of the security team’s responsibilities is managing our vulnerability disclosure program to get reports from security researchers.
- Triage reported issues in our vulnerability disclosure program
- Verify security issues and add contextual information to our internal ticket system
- Act as a bridge between security researchers and our developers to quickly resolve critical security issues
- Support the team in proactive security work such as threat modeling, reviews and monitoring
- Studying computer science or related fields
- Interested in and knowledgeable about common web security issues such as OWASP top 10
- Good written communication skills in English
- Understanding of threat models and vulnerabilities
- Experience in user management, authentication and auditing are a plus
- Ability to work 8-16 hours per week on a flexible schedule
- Remote position in Germany or the EU, possible to work from our Berlin office if you are based there (depending on Covid restrictions)
- Opportunity to work on real security issues and projects in a fast growth company
- Mentoring and support from our security engineers and senior developers