GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. We are looking for a solution-oriented Accountant with a passion for learning to join our growing Accounting-Team at GetYourGuide. This is a full-time role at our Berlin office. As an Accountant you will report to Teamlead Accounting.
Maintain high-quality and compliant accounting for the GetYourGuide Group. We aim to accurately account and report financial information, in a timely manner and in accordance with corporate policy and accounting standards, to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform general ledger transactions, including prepayments, accruals, provisions, etc. according to IFRS and LOCAL-GAAP regulations
- Act as an expert in the field of fixed assets
- Independently book and reconcile payroll data, provided by the external payroll provider
- Be in charge of intercompany calculations and monthly billing
- Support Senior Accountant in period-end routines while also performing some transactions independently
- Support Senior Accountant in periodic VAT and EC-Sales declarations
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist auditors with journal entry examinations
- Actively participate in upcoming projects and ad-hoc tasks
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization in English. Knowledge of German is a plus
- At least 2+ years experience in accounting, working fully or partially with the above-mentioned topics
- Relevant education and/or accounting qualification. ACCA or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Unit4(Agresso) and/or SAP S/4HANA is a plus
- You are hands-on, solution-oriented, and a self-starter
- You build effective work relationships to accomplish common team goals and value the input and know-how of other team members
- You show high attention to detail in your daily work
- You function effectively under critical and tight deadlines, demonstrating your strong organizational skills
More reasons to join us:
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Work with an international team where you are constantly learning and growing
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station (operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19)
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
We’d love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.