GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. Based in our New York City office and reporting to the Senior Tax Manager in Berlin, this role offers ownership of the Group's US sales tax compliance obligations. The role will also offer exciting opportunities to get involved in projects across the tax team, both on indirect tax and other tax disciplines.
Maintain high-quality tax compliance and reporting processes, with a parallel proactivity in understanding and addressing developments across the evolving tax landscape.
- International indirect tax project ownership
- US sales tax: understand ongoing developments, identify nexus
- Liaising with internal stakeholders on indirect tax compliance across IT systems, understanding transaction flows
- Strategic thinking on future best practice of indirect tax function
- Indirect digital tax analysis and compliance
- Ad-hoc work in other tax disciplines to support tax team objectives
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in tax, university degree
- International accounting/tax qualification is a plus
- Experience of international VAT/other indirect taxes is a plus
- Experience of US sales tax is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP in particular) is a plus
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and willing to work independently
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
- Solution-oriented approach: turn problems into solutions
- Work with a European tech unicorn and an international team where you are constantly learning and growing
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Own your development: Personal Growth Budget, regular learning opportunities via training sessions, conferences, and our network of industry experts in our GetYourGuide GrowthHub
- Paid time off (PTO): 20 days of paid vacation plus Federal Holidays
- Benefits: 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment), medical, dental, and vision benefits, employee add-on packages e.g FSA, HSA, and Employee Assistance Program
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- GetYourGuide events such as Winter Summit, regular team events, etc.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion.
We'd love to hear from you by emailing email@example.com and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.